Vetafarm Breeder Pellets
Breeder pellets are an extruded pellet diet specifically designed to meet the particular needs of breeding birds and their young.
- Total nutrition for breeding parrots. Extruded pellet diet containing all of the essential nutrition required for egg laying and chick rearing.
- Chicks in the nest will be fed the fortified diet by their parents; this means they will have all the nutrition necessary for strong healthy development.
- Breeding birds require extra nutrition to enable them to lay fertile eggs and rear healthy chicks.
- Parrot Breeder Pellets contains extra protein, vitamins and minerals to support reproduction.
- By using a balanced diet your birds become healthier and are much better equipped to deal with the rigors of sustained breeding.
- Chicks raised by parents being fed on breeder pellets will wean directly on to maintenance diet pellets.
TARGET SPECIES: Breeding Australian and Asiatic parrots. Also suitable for exotic breeding parrots (e.g. South American parrots).
RECOMMENDED USE: For use during the breeding season for optimum health of parents and chicks. Breeding birds require extra nutrition to enable them to lay fertile eggs and rear healthy chicks. Breeder Pellets contain extra protein, vitamins and minerals to support reproduction.
KEY FEATURES: Breeder Pellets contain extra protein, vitamins and minerals to support reproduction and meet the high nutritional demands of breeding. Formulated by avian veterinarians and extrusion cooked for optimum digestibility. Chicks raised by parents being fed Breeder Pellets can wean directly onto Maintenance Pellets.
DIRECTIONS: Breeder Pellets should be fed as a total diet, beginning approximately 6 weeks before breeding season and continued until chicks fledge. Although Breeder Pellets contain all the nutrition necessary for breeding, it is recommended that the birds be given access to fruit, vegetables, and native vegetation as environmental enrichment.
INGREDIENTS: Whole Australian grains (maize, soy bean and wheat), amino acids (lysine and methionine), vegetable oils and natural organic acids, vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12, C, D3, E, H and K), and minerals (calcium, cobalt, copper, iodine, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, sodium, sulphur and zinc).
PRODUCT EXPIRY: 2 years from date of manufacture.
Min. Crude Protein 20.0% Min. Crude Fat 5.0%
Max. Fibre 3.5% Max. Salt (NaCl) 0.5%
PACK SIZES: 2kg, 10kg